Wednesday, March 19, 2014

March 19, 2014 - "God's Tower"

Good morning to all and happy Wednesday. Just a reminder that LIfe Group occurs April 6th. Please mark that on your calendar. We will share our Easter Meal ideas. YUM! Today's word will be short, as I have been reading longer than usual. I want us to read 2 Samuel 22:33 together this morning: David's Song of Deliverance …32"For who is God, besides the LORD? And who is a rock, besides our God?33"God is my strong fortress; And He sets the blameless in His way. 34"He makes my feet like hinds' feet, And sets me on my high places.… In this passage David is praising God who has delivered him, AGAIN, and has proven AGAIN that He, God, is faithful. I want to remind you that God's deliverance is not a one time event in the life of His children. Who you do that to your children? I doubt it. I think it's cool that David asks if there is anyone like the LORD - all caps to signify the reverence of God's name - and who is a rock - personification - besides our God. If you take the reverence the Jewish people placed on Yahweh and couple that with a strong rock, you can build a strong fortress upon which we can climb, see far, and stand, which is exactly what God does over and over and over. He builds the fortress and we come inside. YES! None of us can compare with the tower of strength our God offers. Read 33 again, "He sets the blameless in His way." That reminds me we are blameless because of God and even the path is His. God gives us stable back feet like the mountain climbing animals to maneuver to heights we could never imagine. It's a God thing - not a me thing. Today, let's offer a song of praise as we remind our circumstances that our God is strong, mighty, a fortress that we trust and He will give us the strength and agility to climb to places we could never reach in order to see clearly, be secure, and follow in God's ways. Praise Him! PK

No comments:

Post a Comment