Monday, March 17, 2014

March 17, 2014 - Bath Time

Good morning and happy St Patrick's Day. I don't think I have much Irish in my blood, but I always love another opportunity for a celebration. :) It's the start of another new week and I don't know about you, but I am still trying to work through the time change. i cannot seem to get to bed before 11:30 (as 10:30 was my previous bedtime) BUT I cannot seem to get up easily as 6am is really 5am. Oh well, by next week I should be able to get this together. I am declaring this is a great week because God is a great God and has plans to do good by me and not harm me. (Isaiah 29:11) How about you? Let's make our lives come in alignment with what God declares about each of us. I know that is critical in our journey. God is able and God is for us! Amen? This morning I want to speak to something that the Lord brought so clearly back to my mind the other day. As I have been running wide open, I found that I was only able to grab a quick shower daily. However, Friday morning I had a window of free time and I was able to really do the routine again: soak with epsom salt, use my oatmeal soap and enjoy the scrubbing. You know, back to the basics. As I was drying, I felt as though a burden was lifted from me. There was a "freeness" in my attitude. As crazy as that seems, I remember my mother always saying, "if the baby is fussy, a nice warm bath will always make them smile." This has been a crazy period for me recently and a nice, long bath really did make me smile. Here's what I felt the Lord showed me: we acquire dirt from our activities daily that require a bath and scrubbing. Getting that yucky stuff off our skin and away from our toes really gives a lift to our spirit. The Lord reminded me that daily we gather "dirt" in the form of life-issues as well (spiritually) and if these are not cleaned up, they can weigh us down just as the natural dirt does. Think about working outside and getting sweaty and extremely dirty. After a shower and a loofa pad, EVERYBODY feels better! Just that one thing adds a lift. After a day of working through life, we need a time of spiritual scrubbing as well - a time each night to "get that dirt where it belongs." (I am a night bath person) Anyway, if you are feeling a bit sluggish spiritually this morning, spend a few minutes in worship and prayer. Spend some time reading God's Word and declaring His truth over your day. Spend some time asking God to wash you "white as snow." (Isaiah 1:18) I promise that long, warm bath was an infusion to my day on Friday (especially the chamomile epsom salt) and I KNOW that "clean-up" time with the Lord is more life-giving that any natural bath. Looking forward to a great week knowing that I can go to the Father hour by hour if needed for another time of cleansing and refreshing. PRAISE GOD! Let's have coffee again tomorrow, PK

No comments:

Post a Comment