Tuesday, February 4, 2014

February 4, 2014 - "God's Billboard"

**** At the end of this month, I will no longer be using bloodspot, but will post to my new website. I will post a link soon if you choose to continue having "coffee and the Word" with me each morning. :) Have you ever tried to really figure out the mind of God? Isn't that a HUGE undertaking? Sometimes I think I have a few wisdom tokens under my belt only to discover that God is so much bigger than my understanding. I have been pondering these spring birds and hyacinths that seem to have no sense that it was snowing and frigid last week. I walked outside and thought, "do you have any clue that it's icy and snow is everywhere?" Their little song was so filled with life and animation. I remember thinking that as cold as it was, they are always the first responders to announce the spring is coming. Then, through the snow beside our front door, I noticed the green leaves from my other first responders - the hyacinths. I feel especially sorry for them for unlike the birds, they bloom only once and are gone. I wanted desperately to inform them that perhaps this isn't the most suitable climate for making an entrance. However, they have not listened. Yesterday they were blooming forth and making their stand joining with the spring birds to be the first to respond with the good news. This year perhaps GREAT NEWS, as it's been a long, cold winter. Spiritually, God's creation arrives on the scene daily to announce the glory of God. Psalm 19 records it this way: Psalm 19 (MSG) A David Psalm 19 1-2 God’s glory is on tour in the skies, God-craft on exhibit across the horizon. Madame Day holds classes every morning, Professor Night lectures each evening. 3-4 Their words aren’t heard, their voices aren’t recorded, But their silence fills the earth: unspoken truth is spoken everywhere. 4-5 God makes a huge dome for the sun—a superdome! The morning sun’s a new husband leaping from his honeymoon bed, The daybreaking sun an athlete racing to the tape. 6 That’s how God’s Word vaults across the skies from sunrise to sunset, Melting ice, scorching deserts, warming hearts to faith. I really do love the fact that God has a plan to remind us throughout the day, announce if you will, that He is the one responsible for creating the world as we know it, including each of us. The grand display in the skies is His billboard. He uses it to make us smile, but also to keep us informed. Each day let us lift up our eyes to see what Father God is sharing for this segment in His time table. As the verse above records, "unspoken truth spoken everywhere." God help us to see what you are speaking in the earth in these days! Let's talk tomorrow? PK

No comments:

Post a Comment